Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bay or Bust

Last weekend, we parents decided to throw caution to the wind.

Be damned those stereotypes about small children on overnight trips. We headed to the Chesapeake for a long weekend, pack-n-plays in tow.

8 adults and six children under 4. Who can't handle that?

There was at least a one-to-one ratio of adult-to-child and we had enough alcohol to make any tantrums (child or adult) disappear.

We were set, we were invincible, assuming our nerves could hold out and ALL the children could get along.

And they did just that.

The older kids (Ava & Drew) assisted with watching the smaller tykes, sort of. They herded them into various rooms and then demanded that they play what they were playing at the time.


We tried not to interfere unless there were loud thumps followed by uncontrollable crying.

Sophia and Max played like old friends and I think look oddly alike... I almost photoshopped pigtails on Max.
Mia and Ali were troopers even though both were under the weather.

The adults got to spend time chatting about adult things, and the moms even got a few hours away to shop (albeit during naptime?!?). Kara is now an IKEA/Bare Minerals junkie...your welcome Chris.

The highlight of the weekend (for the kids and the dads) was sitting on the jetskis and then actually taking a spin on it in the Bay. My kids are speed junkies and both would have rode this thing until the sun set.



We ate, we drank and most of all we had fun as families and friends.


Life's too short not to enjoy it!

1 comment:

{The Tresslers} said...

That is an impressive weekend!! I love that the kids got on the jet skiis! I'm so jealous!! I'm also impressed that you were able to achieve a group photo including kids!! What a fun time!!