Apparently I have the wrong disease.
The other version that affects the hands (not hooves) is particularly common among small children and is one of those childhood illnesses that there are no medicines or antibiotics for that just runs it's course (don't freak out Auntie L's), like slap-cheek and roseola. I think those are the 5th and 6th diseases respectively. Why this one isn't the 7th, I have no idea.
So when I got a call today from the nurse at our daycare, informing me that Max had a rash on his feet and legs, a quick trip to the Pediatrician confirmed it...Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease. It's the second case in his toddler room.
Or Cow Virus as I call it. It sounds far less scary when you call it that.
Sorry...I couldn't resist.Anyway, he's got some blisters on his feet and a few on his hands but none in his mouth so far. The doc says that hopefully he won't get those...uh, me too. This kid loves to eat!
Now the fun part.
Since the blisters come out after you have been exposed to the virus (and pass it on to anyone within spitting distance), we just have to wait and see if the rest of us are human incubators of Cow Virus.
Moo.
4 comments:
Oh geez... did Chris tell you I saw him today on Mike's balcony. Luckily he didn't spit on me. Hope that Max is feeling better soon and that nobody else got infected! Guess we're not playing Friday?
Ummmmm...so I'm gonna have to pass on babysitting on Saturday.
How long does this cow thing last?
I was so excited to get home and now you're quarantined! Or at least I'm quarantining myself.
Hypochondriacs aren't good around contagious diseases.
Actually, we were probably more contagious last weekend than we are right now. By this weekend we should be in the clear! If you have the rash you are no longer contagious...suck it up Auntie Laura!
Hmmm, this doesn't sound good.
But I totally LOL'ed at the cow costume!
Post a Comment