Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Alligator Winter


Every year, we dry out.

And I mean literally dry out. Ava and I walk around with all-over-the-place, stuck-t0-your-face, static hair from November - March and our skin resembles that of well, alligators.

I am forever on a quest for a good washes and lotions for the kids that don't irritate their skin in the winter months.

J&J is great in the summer but really dries them out in the winter and the lotion just isn't thick enough to make a dent.

For me, it's the The Body Shop's Body Butter. My personal fav is olive but they have some new ones. Pomegranate anyone?

I am also trying to be more organically minded, so we started trying some natural washes and lotions for the kids.

We decided to try Avalon Organics Baby, which I picked up at Giant, mainly the reason we tired it. I got a shampoo/body wash and a lotion. First was the Gentle Tear-free Shampoo and Body Wash. It lathers up great and works wonders on Ava's fine hair. The smell is nice and light and hardly noticeable.

It gets 2 little thumbs up for no bumps or irritation and multi-purpose use!

We also tried their Weightless Nourishing Baby Lotion. This lotion leaves a lot to be desired. The formulation isn't heavy enough for our dry skin and the smell has Ava refusing to use it. It has an odd odor, not fresh or clean, just medicinal with a hint of plastic.

This got two little thumbs down. I plan on finishing up the bottle on Max because he really doesn't care about smell at this point. Trust me.

So one repeat purchase, and one we won't be buying again.
Next review: Burt's Bees Baby line.

1 comment:

{The Tresslers} said...

Fantastic reviews! Thanks! We are starting to see some dryness in the girls, and our J&J lotion is just not keeping up. Will have to try those Avalon and Body Shop lotions!