Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snowy Sunday


Snow before Thanksgiving.

I can't remember the last time it snowed prior to stuffing myself with turkey.

Sunday was a cold and blustery day. A lovely mix of rain and snow. The kind of day you just want to stay in and cook or sleep. We have kids, so the latter wasn't an option.

So I dug out the crockpot. Dump in one pork roast, sauerkraut, and dumplings and invite some friends over.

4 hours later we were downing platefuls of hot goodness with the Tresslers.

We played a few rounds of GH3 (guitar hero) while the kids watched and danced as their parents pretended to be rockstars. I think this may now be on Matt's list for xmas, for a novice, he kicked butt.

The girls got bundled up and headed home and the adventurous duo drifted off to sleep.

And the snow continued on.

Until the next morning, when Ava awoke and shrieked, "MOMMY, IT'S CHRISTMAS!"

To a 3 year-old, snow means Christmas, even if it's only an inch. So we had a discussion about atmospheric conditions and temperatures. All of which I am sure, she will regurgitate to me at a later date.

Bottom line...she just wants to get turkey day over with so Santa can come.

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

We had a great time...I wish all Sundays were that lazy! Oh, and Matt has Guitar Hero on his list. In fact, I have a feeling that he won't be able to wait until Santa comes to visit.

Brooke said...

I thought so!!!

{The Tresslers} said...

What's going on Nordais?? It's time for an update! Also, let's play Friday night if you are around!!!