Wednesday, December 5, 2007

O Christmas Tree

We are officially the Griswalds this Christmas.

We were in the Lions Club parking lot getting our tree,(our standard spot with small kids who can't search for hours in a field for the perfect tree and not have to potty in the cold while some mountain man coated in plaid, high on chainsaw fumes, saws down your selection...yeah, dad...remember that year!?!) and if you blocked out the fluorescent lights and the gigantic inflated snowman we looked like some family out of a freakin LL Bean catalog.

Wood paneling, red noses, tree harnessed to the top of the wagon, kids sucking on candy canes...of course I didn't have my camera which would have had a dead battery anyway.

We got a 7ft Fraser Fir. My favorite. That's right. It's all about me.

Actually, it's the perfect tree. We don't have much space for a huge tree, so a tall, thin tree that doesn't have sharp needles is perfect. Max supervised the set-up as Ava made sure Chris gave the tree plenty to drink.


Max was exhausted from the day and went to bed after we got the tree in the stand. Ava however was on decoration overload and helped me with the tree.

She wore her new hat. Seemed more festive that way, don't you think?

And here she was later in my boots...She definitely has my fashion flair.


Here was the finished product at about 10:30 pm, crooked star and all.

Way past my bed time.

And the mantle, with our 7 stockings. Out of town aunts and uncles get a stocking at our house...

Notice all of the fragile ornaments are 4ft and above. If you've got mobile little ones, your tree looks like this as well.

Now if I could just get my Christmas cards ordered...

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Wow! Two post. One day. I'm on Max and Ava overload! I love the tree...and the memory of the chainsaw mountain man...I think I was there too. And Ava, you are very stylish, little one!

Anonymous said...

Brooke!
Not a Xmas goes by that I don't think about the "Hunt" for the persect tree in Horse Valley, all the conditions were right,deep snow , cold, wind, plenty to drink, and a couple of little ones who were not dropping their drawers outside, However, we survived and created some great memories to boot..

Bryan and Jonathan said...

The picture of Ava in those boots is priceless! I needed that giggle. :) The tree looks great!