Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus...#453

Trust me, there's a song that your kid requests EVERY time you get in the car.

If they don't have one yet, they will. So choose wisely.

Ava used to like La Grange by ZZ Top and yelled for "Rock and Roll" everytime we got in the car...I love the song, but even I got tired of it. But now pre-school and cricle-time songs have taken over.

Anyway, I thought I would give out a few of the names of our favorite CDs in case you need some good stocking stuffers for little ones. All of these have either been in a stocking or are going in one this year.

Before she could talk, we got Ava hooked on Dan Zanes. And thank god. He doesn't sing falsetto or jump around painted in neon colors. He sings folk songs for kids.

Get ready to "Flap those Wings", "All around the kitchen, cock-a-doddle-doodle-doo"! Laugh if you must, but it's a catchy tune...I find myself singing it at work!

Our favorite Dan Zanes CDs: House Party and Rocketship Beach (Sheryl Crow sings Polly Wolly Doodle on this one!). And he's got a few others.

I also subscribe to Coolmompicks. A busy mom lifesaver! I don't have time to research all this stuff! They had a great CD this month called "That Baby CD". All songs by artists YOU know. Bob Marley, Paul Simon, Peter Paul and Mary, Carly Simon, etc.
Use coupon code : coolmompicks and get 20% off your purchase. This one is going in Max's stocking this year!

And then into Mommy's car.

And for the sing-along preschool crowd, it's Laurie Berkner hands down. Victor Vito and Buzz Buzz are both Ava favorites. She can literally sing the whole CD!

If only my memory were that good.

She's kind of annoying for me after an hour but Ava will sit in her room for hours and sing and dance to this woman...what mom doesn't love that kind of free time? I can deal.

...now if I could only get Max to listen!

2 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Great recs! I'll have to check those out!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

I read about that Baby CD too. B&J are getting that this year too. It's great that it has a free replacement for scratched CD's. I have a feeling that will be useful in the future!