Monday, December 31, 2007

Santa Claus DID Come to Town

Max did not get his two front teeth. I was sure that Santa was going to bring those...

We started the Christmas festivities off this year on Sunday night with the arrival of Aunt Ninny, Uncle Chris and Rick and Denise (Uncle Coo's parents). We played, drank and chatted most of the evening while Ava & Max entertained us.

We hope Denise and Rick join us again next year, we enjoy their company!

Monday, Christmas Eve day started with a brunch and Gigi and Papa's. Some photos from that gut-busting feast! Papa & Gigi cooked enough to feed all of us for days...waffles, beef tenderloin, bacon, shrimp casserole...you get the picture.



We spent that Xmas eve evening at home with Aunt Laura, Aunt Ninny, Uncle Chris trying desperately to get Ava to go to bed. She was way to amped about the arrival of SC to attempt her "normal" bedtime. So we put out cookies, 9 carrots, and a piece of string cheese for Santa Mouse.

Two hours later, she was asleep.

Christmas morning, I think Chris and I were up before the kids, just waiting for Ava to come in. She did eventually, around 7am and declared that Santa did in fact land on our roof and deliver a sleigh full of presents!

"See Mom, I told you I was good" she said.

I then realized that I had lost my "Santa" leverage for at least 6 months. You know, the threatening warning you pull out in a crowded store or mid-tantrum when nothing else seems to work.

She helped Max open all of his presents, who was mostly interested in the boxes and his old toys. Except for the toothbrush in his stocking, which he and Uncle C used on his 2 teeth.



The paper flew for what seemed like hours. I needed a nap.

Plus, the organizational nerve center in my brain, kept saying "where are you going to put that?".

We ended the day with a great feast courtesy of Memo and Pop who baked 2 hams, and assorted vegetables to feed the starving Christmas crowd.

Ava and Memo played the piano for us all New Years Day...the photos looked festive so I threw them on!


Eat, drink and be merry!

2 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Ava looks as if she's really playing the piano! She's quite the prodigy! Had a fun time tonight, btw! Thanks again for the yummy food and 3 year old entertainment!!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

I know what you mean about the organizing. Sounds like everyone had a blast!