Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shipwreck Dinner

That's what it's called. I didn't name it...

It's my new, "Holy Sh#$, it's 5:00, my kids are starving, haven't been to the grocery store in a week and I have nothing thawed, meal!

I get the Kraft Food & Family magazine every couple of months and lately, it's been a lifesaver. I don't know about you, but my creativity in the kitchen seriously fades after a day of trying to be brilliant for the rest of the world.


Here's what you need on hand -
1 lb ground beef (we used ground turkey)
1 c. frozen peas
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 box of macaroni and cheese
1 c. milk
shredded mozzarella cheese

I know...your thinking, "What the hell is she going to make with that?", but surprisingly, it's very pretty in the skillet!

OK, so you brown the meat in a large skillet, then add in peas, macaroni, cheese packet (we used the 2% Velveeta Shells and Cheese), tomatoes and milk. Bring that to a boil, then reduce heat to med-simmer and cover. When the macaroni is tender, it's done. Sprinkle with some mozzarella and voila! - a real 30 minute meal start to finish!

Max and Ava cleaned their plates!

What's not to love!?

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

I think I am feeling this for Friday night happy hour dinner!! Sounds yummy and I know one big kid in my house who would be a big fan of the mac & cheese part!! Thanks for sharing!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

Kraft - gotta love them!

Nance228 said...

Yummy! I love peas and mac and cheese! I'll have to make this for Billy boy!