Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tubes for Everyone!

"What?"

That's been Ava's standard response for the last couple of months. She speaks so well, that I didn't think she could not be hearing me.

Finally, I took her to an ENT, and he confirmed that her hearing was fine, but she had some "glue" behind her eardrums.
Apparently, an old head cold (probably 4-6 months ago) had left some fluid in her Eustachian tube and rather than drain out, the water evaporated out of the fluid and left behind...well, let's call it rubber cement. She's never had more than 4 ear infections, ever...go figure!

We tried some antibiotics (ugh!) to see if the glue would clear up.
No luck.

Tuesday, she had tubes put in and the glue is officially gone. She says she hears better...mission accomplished.

And if your wondering, how I was so calm, Max had tubes put in back in November. He had countless (OK I counted...8 ear infections in 7 months) and tubes were the only option. So, I new what to expect.

Hmmm...maybe Daddy would hear me better with tubes...

Here were some pics of Ava and Bitty Baby hanging out at home Tuesday. Thanks for the cool outfits AP.

And one of Max bathing...in his clothes. More proof of his 0% patience gene!

Ahhhh...my little surburban circus.

Guess that makes me the ringmaster...

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

That's what I had (glue ear) after I had the twins. It's AMAZING how fast those tubes work to open up the hearing!! I hope that Ava is feeling better from everything! And Max, you are one crazy kid!!! Hey, the girls miss you!!! We need to play again soon!!!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

I hear that whole tube thing isn't too bad. Do they come out? Glad to hear it worked!

Brooke said...

It's a 5 minute procedure (both ears!)and they bounce back the same day. They last about 12-18 months.

Anesthesia is the scariest part.