Friday, January 11, 2008

Table Dancing

Everyone told me that raising a boy is completely different than a girl.

I couldn't see how.

They had basically the same DNA, how different could they be?

HOLY CRAP.

On any given day of the week, Max has no less than three bruises somewhere on his body. Yesterday, it was a busted-up lip and two bruises on his forehead. But what can I expect... he climbs, scales, jumps and gets into everything.

The pictures below will support that. We're considering a helmet.

I could tell Ava once or twice to leave something alone...and she did.

Not him, he's as stubborn as a mule.

Gigi and Memo are getting a good chuckle about now...

The other day he climbed up on top of Ava's sit and spin in an attempt to get onto her bed and fell onto the floor. After 25 seconds of crying and he was right back at it again.

We can't possibly put everything on top of the refrigerator...

His absolute favorite catbird position is either on a bed (which is really hard at this point for him to get onto, even with the help of a sit and spin) or the coffee table.

He drags whatever toy or pillow will give him just enough leverage and then catapults himself onto it. He then does a victory dance, which is hysterical, you'll see what I mean in the pictures.

And it rubs off on Ava, I guess she figures she should be up there too.


What a freakin circus...

Oh and if you happen to be sitting on the sofa, look out...he will absolutely stage dive right onto you, no encouragement needed.
"Hey...you talkin to me?"


And if he can do it without his clothes on, even better. Streaking however, is a similarity between the two. They love naked time!
But he even takes that to the extreme, he marks his territory whenever and wherever.

I am either raising a stunt man, a rock star or a Chippendale, only time will tell which.

4 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Love the smirk. No matter what, he's hilarious! This is another piece of supportive data of why we dumped our coffee table!

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I remember Brooke at that age scaring our friends, Ronnie & Pat to death because she was constantly climbing. A regular monkey she was. Of course Brooke taught all she knew about scaling objects to her sister. Climbing, body launches, head butts and tantrums aren't just for the male of the species!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

Holy Cow! That was the funniest post ever! I had to share it with my coworkers. Yes, love the smirk! He knows he's doing something he's not supposed to do and he's loving it! You know he'll be doing this in college too, right!?! *the peeing part* hehehee! I can't stop!

Nance228 said...

OMG!! "Marks his territory??" That's a freaking riot!