Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ava Turns Four!!!



Hello Kitty struck our house with fervor. She was everywhere, including on the skin of every party goer. Temporary tattoos are in fact, very cool when you are 4.

This year I had every intention of spending countless hours shaping and molding cake into the shape of a cats head and countless more hours icing the damn thing so it somewhat resembled Hello Kitty. Then one day last month at Costco, Ava asked me "Momma, can I have a Costco Chocolate Cake for my birthday?" And the lazy side of me perked up and suddenly shrieked out "Absolutely!"

I couldn't resist customizing it a little...here was the finished confectionery wonder!



So that's what we had, chocolate cake and a delicious spread of sliders and assorted salads.

This party did have it's share of little people. Ten if I counted correctly and all, got along great. Here where some pictures of Ava and her guests...


There was a rowdier subset of the little people (if you knew the parents, you wouldn't be surprised ;-)) though that rebelled and stayed up way past their bedtimes. And all of whom needed a bath.

Mom solution # 36... Sprinkler Bath!



And then crashing with Elmo...

Happy Birthday Ava Bean!

2 comments:

karat said...

Phia loved her tattoo so much that I was not allowed to scrub too hard on that arm - it lasted for almost a week and she is still talking about it! Love the sprinkler pictures - I think they would have played all night! Great birthday party - thanks for having us!

{The Tresslers} said...

Darn I'm sad we missed the sprinkler bath/Elmo extravaganza! Although we certainly made up for sprinkler baths this weekend!