I suppose everyone has them. I can't think of mine right this minute, probably because I have too many and have buried them in my subconscious, blissfully unaware that I have phobias. Lucky me.
As spring approached, the bugs started to come out and it's not just any bug dear Ava has developed a phobia over, it's bees. Specifically, yellow jackets.
She's heard enough stories of their mean habits and tendency to sting - she has never been stung, but fears them or any other bee at this point.
My mother calls it intuition, right now, I call it annoying.
Anytime something flies by her head, she makes a bee-line (Sorry!) for another part of the yard, or worse, tells me she wants to go inside.
Are you kidding me? This time of year, I certainly do NOT want to be inside, bees or not.
Last week, Ava and Max were sitting in the sandbox and I had ran into the kitchen to get them something to drink.
Then I hear shrieking and footsteps.
I freak, I thought someone cut something off someone else.
It's Ava at the kitchen door screaming about bees, then I hear Max crying in the sandbox, rubbing his head.
APPARENTLY, there had been a flying insect in the sandbox and it buzzed their little sand-covered heads.
Now Max wants to go inside. I look for stings, he has none.
Once everyone had calmed down, Max came over to me on the sofa and said "Mama, there was a red coat in the sandbox, he tried to sting me."
Perplexed, I said, "Red Coat?". I was pretty sure our backyard was free of British Soldiers.
Then it dawned on me. He meant yellow jacket.
I'll take the outerwear phobia over the bee phobia any day!
As spring approached, the bugs started to come out and it's not just any bug dear Ava has developed a phobia over, it's bees. Specifically, yellow jackets.
She's heard enough stories of their mean habits and tendency to sting - she has never been stung, but fears them or any other bee at this point.
My mother calls it intuition, right now, I call it annoying.
Anytime something flies by her head, she makes a bee-line (Sorry!) for another part of the yard, or worse, tells me she wants to go inside.
Are you kidding me? This time of year, I certainly do NOT want to be inside, bees or not.
Last week, Ava and Max were sitting in the sandbox and I had ran into the kitchen to get them something to drink.
Then I hear shrieking and footsteps.
I freak, I thought someone cut something off someone else.
It's Ava at the kitchen door screaming about bees, then I hear Max crying in the sandbox, rubbing his head.
APPARENTLY, there had been a flying insect in the sandbox and it buzzed their little sand-covered heads.
Now Max wants to go inside. I look for stings, he has none.
Once everyone had calmed down, Max came over to me on the sofa and said "Mama, there was a red coat in the sandbox, he tried to sting me."
Perplexed, I said, "Red Coat?". I was pretty sure our backyard was free of British Soldiers.
Then it dawned on me. He meant yellow jacket.
I'll take the outerwear phobia over the bee phobia any day!
3 comments:
I'm right there with you, Brooke. My kids drive me nuts wanting to come in as they freak out about bees. Their cousin brainwashed them to panic every time one comes around! BTW, I'm subscribed to your blog now so I can get all the updates in my reader!
Sounds like me with spiders!
I just saw a yellow jacket in my backyard and was happy to see those bugs...it means warm weather is here! Hopefully Max and Ava outgrow this fear. However, for some reason the girls have the same one and I am pretty sure I can blame daycare for that too! See ya tonight!
Post a Comment