Ava had pink eye last week, so we called in the eye drops and all was well by weeks end... or so I thought.
Monday I got a call to pick her up early, she was running a fever and complaining of ear pain. Odd, considering she has tubes in her ears.
I gave her Tylenol and tucked her into bed, thinking it was just a headache and a quick 24 hour bug.
Then the vomiting started. The fever didn't quit, Tylenol/Motrin only made a small dent in the fever and she was also complaining of stomach pain.
Was it appendicitis, Easter Egg Influenza #2 ? What did my kid have?
Tuesday wasn't much better and her throat hurt. We did manage to squeak in Kindergarten registration, I have no idea how.
And now there was a cough. Oh, and I had pink eye. WTF?!
Great, I thought, she has the flu - and we HAD flu shots- So much for 21st century medicine.
Tuesday night and Wednesday, the fever wouldn't let up and she was tired and not eating.
Thursday morning rolled around after a long Wednesday night. We had an apt at the Ped for 8:45. She had suffered enough.
One quick listen confirmed bacterial PNEUMONIA. HUH?!?!
Luckily, we caught it in time and no hospital stay was required. She has to choke down some nasty antibiotics, but it's better than the alternative.
Modern medicine prevailed and this afternoon she was up and about, coloring and bossing Max (and me) around. And no fever.
She even got flowers in her favorite colors delivered to our door...
2 comments:
Poor Ava (and you)! How are you surviving?!? We miss you guys!
You poor things. We are also fighting with sickness! UGHHH! Summer is coming soon, right???
Post a Comment