Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's in the Vault...Mom Lesson #162

I remember really liking this movie as a kid. I thought Ava would enjoy it as well. Last fall after we got The Jungle Book, I put this movie on my list of things to order online or pick up at the store.

I checked Amazon, Overstock, Borders, no DVD.

Then I checked Ebay. I found the DVD for $75.
You gotta be freakin kidding right, it must have been autographed by Walt Disney himself.

Wrong.

It was in the vault. The Disney Vault. That means you can't just buy it on the street.

Enter Mom lesson #162.

I had heard the commericals for other DVDs, "Special Edition Release, get it before it goes back in the Disney Vault...forever".

They aren't kidding.

Anyway, the Aristocats came out of the vault last week and I RAN to Target to get my copy. This vault business is no joke!

Ava had some concerns (READ: 87 questions) the first run through about the cats in the rain and Edgar's intentions, but he gets his in the end. So we're cool.

Good story...Good Music.

Get your copy...before it goes back in the vault...forever.

1 comment:

{The Tresslers} said...

Good to know. I really thought that was just a bunch of BS. I will have to snag a copy of this too!!! Thanks for the heads up!