Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Trees, Less Bush

I saw this on a bumper sticker at work and it spoke to me...on many levels.

We are attempting to oxygenate the earth, replanting the tree that was knocked down by the ice storm this winter in front of our house...our neighbors, well, have lost their freakin minds.

They cut down a huge pine tree, that was perfectly straight and at least 40-50 years old.






And they informed us the other one in this picture is coming down next week.


Huh? Come again?

I began developing a new "pine bed" in my head that instant. That's right, I am throwing down the shovel.


It's a tree-for-all! More on this developing conifer situation to come...


Our front flower bed is looking better. Chris and I moved 75% of the existing bushes out front last night by car head light.


Romantic, I know.

Here's the aggression...I mean progression!


There was lots of digging and even more swearing. I hate pressure gardening, plus I hadn't had dinner.

It was 9:24 PM.

You do the caloric math.

This was the view this morning...


Like the curvy bed? Good.


We found those two huge holly bushes at Costco and put those by the front door.


Hopefully they like it and don't die like everything else we plant there. I have a couple more daylilies to plant and a row of hostas and that should finish up the bed. More pics to come.


And yeah, I know the bumper sticker was political. But at this point, I am in total agreement. I think we could all use a little less Bush.

I drive a car that I pay more to feed than my family each week (and we eat well) and I give 32% of my income to the government to fund a war I don't believe in.



Just keepin' it real in Suburbia!

3 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

I love the new flower beds. Wanna play tonight?? I'm trying out a new ham and egg casserole. Interested??

{The Tresslers} said...

Oh, and d*mn those neighbors of yours for ruining our ecosystem!! Go get some more trees and show them!!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

What's with the tree-genocide!? Looks like a perfectly good pine to me and it's not even close to their house! Plant-on my friend, plant-on! Bush - annoying on many levels. Gas prices - also annoying (almost more than Bush... almost). It's strikingly close to $4/gal here. Ugh!