Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy Bees

Here's the scoop on what's been going on the last couple of weeks. And forgive me now, I forgot my camera for most of it. So there will be unrelated pictures tossed in to keep you interested.

Two Friday's ago, Ava and I went to see Disney Princesses on Ice. I had some reservations about what we would see, remembering my experience from Chipmunks on Ice as a kid.

I wasn't sure I was up to the challenge.

We had great seats in the club section and the show was great. The costumes and lighting were amazing.

Ava of course was there to see Cinderella. However, Cinderella didn't make her appearance until 3/4 of the way through the 2 hour show. How many times can a three year old ask if Cinderella is coming out next?

83.

I counted.

But overall, it was fun! Maybe Maura and Brenna will go with us next year, I know their mom was bummed about not going.

My friend Carla made a stop by our house that night and got to play with the kids on Saturday morning before she had to head back to Philly. Ava was quite comfortable with bossing her around the second Carla woke up. Thanks Carla!

We try to provide a dose of birth control here and there to our friends without kids.

Community Service. Check.


Then last weekend, we had a revival of our Friday night happy hour with the Tresslers and Chris got a new nickname. Let's just call him, "The Gate Crusher". It was an innocent game of hide and seek that went terribly wrong.

Enough said.

The next morning we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at my work, which due to weather was indoors. Note to self: Outdoor activities done indoors never work out well. SKIP THEM.

Needless to say, I attempted to get the kids picture with the Easter Bunny but neither one of them wanted anything to do with him.

Ava said at one point, "Let's just get our eggs and get out of here".


Done. It was chaos. See...


On a warmer note, Spring is attempting to takeover here and on the lukewarm days we try to get outside and "blow the stink off" as my Nana would say. Here's some shots of us in the yard, hoping that Spring settles in permanently.










Yes, Max is chewing on a stick and Ava is in her pajamas...don't question my parental abilities.

And this is our playhouse that Daddy and Papa built last spring and summer for those of you that have heard about it, but not yet seen it.

Come on Spring. I am sick of socks.

P.S.~ Happy (belated) 29th Birthday to Heather O. Your card is still on my counter, I didn't forget ya!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for the birthday shout out...I appreciate the "29th" part too!!!

Looking forward to hanging out with you and the gate crusher soon!

{The Tresslers} said...

Love the randomness of the blog! Yes, bring on the princesses next year! We are going to be all over that!!! As for the gate, let's just say...ouch. Poor Chris.

Think spring, think spring, think spring! Once the nice weather stays, we may need to make more happy hours scheduled for that amusement park in your backyard!!

Nance228 said...

The Easter Bunny looks deranged.

Ava had it right, get the eggs and get the flock out of there.