Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pilates Partner

That's right. She's got abs of steel and I couldn't ask for a better exercise partner.

My mini personal trainer. She's really bossy though.

Ava is completely fascinated by Yoga and Pilates, which works out well for me.

She wants to "Pilate" every night after Max goes to bed. She even improvises with stacking rings as her Pilates Resistance Ring and has mat duty (sets them up and rolls them up).

It's hysterical and cute, of course.



I need all the help I can get, so I try to follow the DVD exactly, and she often says "Mommy, I don't want to lift my head, it hurts my belly". And I reply, "You just leave your head on the floor, Mommy has to lift her head to get her belly to stop jiggling."
Then reality kicks in and the retort of every 3.5 year old when the word jiggle is mentioned is, "Santa's belly jiggles too, like a bowlful of jelly".

Ugh...Exactly. Motivation 10x.
Me and Santa, we have so much in common.

Here's to working out 4 days a week with your toddler!
Feel the burn.

4 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Perhaps I can come by some night and Ava can give me some lessons...

Brooke said...

Of course! She's got great form!

Nance228 said...

Now is she doing the hundred in that first pix?

Brooke said...

yep.