Monday, March 31, 2008

Cousins Rock

Ava's favorite person (that isn't a grandmother or aunt) is her cousin Carmen. She makes up stories about all of the things they have done together.

"One time, Carmen and I went to the zoo to see alligators, and I was 28 and Carmen was 4, and the alligators had just ate breakfast and they climbed on top of the roof and were looking at us. "

Talk about an imagination.

Easter weekend, Pam and cousins Carmen and Cameron (the Wii Master as we call him) came bearing gifts.

A Wii.

Three simple letters, yet so much fun! Our friends are heinously jealous.

Believe it or not, Chris and I are ridiculously competitive.

Shocking, I know.

As soon as the kids are in bed we are like Olympic athletes, running and jumping, hurdling stuff, racing cows. It's insane.

Then we box each other like we're professional cage fighters, trash talk and all.

And then it's onto something more civilized, golf (and yes, we have really short attention spans).
Chris usually kicks my butt, which I don't understand. The man won't touch a set of clubs due to the amount of stress it places on him to even think about setting foot on a course.
It's a game with a beer cart. What's not to love?!?

Then, I get out my daily frustrations (if the wine hasn't worked) with some target practice.

Apparently, I missed my calling as a sharp-shooter. Chris is sending me out deer hunting this year.

Anyway, we had a great time with AP and the Cousins. We will be seeing them this spring for a trip to the zoo.

I hope the alligators stay off the roof.

2 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

WE are high up on the list of jealous friends.

Bryan and Jonathan said...

I want a Wii!!! That sounds like a lot of fun. *sigh* Only wish we lived closer.