Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"A Pair of Cessities"

One of the great things about being a parent, is getting to watch all of the old kids movies as an adult. Gigi sent home "The Jungle Book" this weekend and it has replaced Cinderella as Ava's favorite movie. Much to Daddy's delight, he had no Bippity-Boppity-Boo left!

I remebered the basics...it was about a boy raised in the jungle by wolves, a panther and a bear. What I forgot was the great MUSIC! This movie had me dancing around the living room, much to Max's delight. He thinks I am an hysterical dancer, which has severely hindered my confidence at weddings!


Some of our favorite songs are Colonel Hathi's March (the elephant march...and yes we all march around the living room like big elephants), Wanna Be Like You (Mommy's fav) and Ava's favorite "A Pair of Cessities" (aka Bare Necessities)! Chris and I were trying to figure out what she was singing and sure enough she sings like the rest of us! If you don't know it...make something up!

This DVD was a winner after the drama about questionable DVD selections made by me. Ava is the tester...and boy did I fail!! I thought Dumbo would be a good DVD, WRONG. The part where Dumbo's mom gets a "time-out" sent Ava over the edge. She has put this on the shelf until, (according to her) she is "much bigger".

We had also got "Toy Story" right before we went to the beach this year (which I will blog about later) but suddenly she developed a fear of some of Syd's "home-made"toys. Namely, the one-eyed baby head with the metal spider legs...now granted it IS freakin creepy, but it wasn't creepy to her the first 76 times we watched it. Go figure!

She does power through "Bugs Life" and the grasshoppers aren't as bad as she initially thought they were.

Jungle Book now gets added to the "Ava Approved" DVD list along with Cinderella.

Next movie review -- The Aristocats!

2 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! It is so good to see pictures of the the kids (even though I now get to see them in person for our weekly playdates!). I am also looking forward to more of Ava's movie picks!!

Anonymous said...

Even though my memory is getting worse by the year, I remember the book, "The Jungle Book" when I first read it and hoped Ava would enjoy it. I didn't realize at the time of purchase that her daddy would be thrilled as well. I'll keep him in mind too when looking for the next DVD.