Thursday, October 25, 2007

Slowly getting "greener"...

I recycle.

I buy organic when I can. Especially meat...don't even get me going on MRSA.

I have even replaced some of our incandescent light bulbs with the newer energy saving CFLs. Although... I won't be replacing them all until they come out with better soft light.

I am by no means an "earth mama". But I make an effort.

Recently, I switched up my fabric softener. I know, not the most exciting topic but cleaning products excite me. I can't help it.

I was at Target. Surprised? And needed a new FS that wasn't too harsh for my sensitive kiddos skin. So I proceeded to read and buy the Method brand softener. What a surprise.

The Method brand fabric softener uses only plant based ingredients, no chemicals. And more importantly, no greasy animal fat! Yeah, I know...gross.

Give it a whirl next time you're in the market for some fabric softener. We love it.

And so my quest goes on for greener selections...

It will soon be winter here, so we are going to test out some organic kids shampoos and soaps to hopefully lessen the super dry skin of Miss Ava. I'll be sure in fill you in on the ones we love as well as more of the great stuff from Method.

That's all from my soapbox (no pun intended!) for now.

2 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

fabric softener? What's that?? j/k! I am looking forward to the reviews on the baby soaps & shampoos! You should begin a side bar tab on your favs!

Bryan and Jonathan said...

Hey, I got my blog started up - check it out...
www.bryanandjonathan.blogspot.com

Thanks for your inspiration!
Kristi Bevevino